• Was born the 4th child of Norman and Luell Green Ward, in a log house with a dirt floor in Badger ID in 1914. He attended schools in Felt and St Anthony, and worked several jobs as a youth, including herding sheep and hauling wood.
• Married Olive Campbell from Tetonia , ID in Salt Lake City in 1935. He started to work for Nelson-Ricks in 1942, working in several locations before moving out to Richfield, ID in 1946.
• Leased the cheese facility in Richfield from Nelson-Ricks in 1957, then purchased the facility in Richfield in 1972. He made barrel cheese for Schreiber Cheese for their Logan UT facility. CW built a new Cheese factory in 1972, naming it Ward's cheese.
• Served as Mayor of Richfield for 19 years, as committee member of the Snake River Council, belonged to the Lions club many years, and served as president of the IMPA.
• Retired in 1978 and the cheese business was run by his 3 sons Jay, Dallas, and Lowell.
• CW Ward passed away in 2009.